B2B Digital Marketing Strategy
What is B2B digital marketing strategy?
Digital marketing helps your ideal customer find you online through tactics like LinkedIn ads, blog content, email newsletters, a well-optimized website, and other online marketing means. B2B digital marketing strategy is the way you select and combine tactics to get results.
Marketing strategy relies on a comprehensive understanding of your buyer persona and unique positioning. We help you answer the question: what makes you different from the competition?
B2B digital marketing strategy leverages that unique positioning to reach your clients (other businesses) and guide them incrementally through the buyer journey, from stranger to customer.
How is B2B marketing different?
B2B marketing differs from B2C both strategically and tactically. A B2B marketing strategy framework will look different from consumer marketing, because you are targeting company business, versus individual consumer business.
- If a travel agency targets individuals, their consumer-focused blog could feature image-heavy content to sell trips and vacations. If a travel agency targets corporate clients, their B2B content marketing strategy would focus on educating department heads and event organizers within a company.
- Instagram may be a great place to advertise clothing and jewelry, but LinkedIn could better sell human resource management solutions.
- B2B targeted lead generation might include a “Dream 100” list of accounts to target. B2C will more likely identify a group or demographic to target, instead of a list of 100 companies to sell to.
A marketing strategy that works for consumers may not apply to professionals making decisions on behalf of a corporation.
Determining your B2B digital marketing strategy playbook
When planning a B2B digital marketing strategy, we recommend beginning with the end in mind. We help you define your goals, whether that is a 50% increase in conversions, winning 3 target accounts every quarter, or something else.
We use a full understanding of your business, your target market, and your vision of success to create an effective B2B digital marketing strategy. Every action taken as part of your strategy moves you toward your end goals.
We craft your strategy playbook based on:
- Company direction and objective
- Competitive analysis
- Buyer persona intelligence
- Positioning and messaging strategy
- Overall business goals
- Your team’s capacity
Want to know more? Contact us to start developing your strategic playbook.
Intentional actions: Our process for B2B digital marketing strategy
HELLO Marketing is a strategy-led organization. What does that mean? We don’t do things because it “feels” right. Instead, we use data as the basis for decisions and actions, eliminating random acts of marketing. As your agency, we hold ourselves accountable for every choice we make. That’s how we can ultimately bring you measurable results.
Any agency can execute tactics — social media, blogging, a landing page or two — but we bring direction and expertise that make these tactics more effective. We develop a recipe that ties your efforts together strategically to drive results and ROI.
We use buyer persona research, interviews, SEO data, historical data, demographics, psychographics, positioning data and more to ensure every choice has a reason and intent.
Here are a few ways we drive our clients’ long-term success:
- Create and develop valuable, evergreen content that stays relevant and in-demand.
- Plan content for each phase of the buyer’s journey and identify the critical information your buyers need to move to the next step.
- Quantify your sales strategy and work with you to define a quality lead and your ideal customer profile using our unique prospect fit tool, so you don’t waste time on low-intent prospects.
- Analyze your sales and marketing process to get rid of wasted effort and recommend steps to make things more efficient and effective.
- Uncover your unique company value proposition and define an appropriate positioning strategy.
- Find the right messaging and channels to reach your potential customers and turn them into lifelong fans.